Kaidala, situated a mere 9 km from Tumkur town off Gulur village on the Kunigal road, hosts two exquisite temples sculpted by Jakanachari. It is famous for a small Dravidian style Kaidala Chennakeshava Temple buit in 1150. Jakanachari, the master sculptor was born and brought up at Kaidala. The temple contains some striking stone images and inscriptions An inscription of this temple dating back to the 12th century, reveals Shiva, Vishnu and Sugata (epithet of the Buddha) as different names of the one universal absolute. Originally it was known as Kreedanagari.In the Hoysala Reign Kaidala was under Nripa Haya and was ruled by a chieftain Baachideva. The place is easily accessible via the local city bus transit and KSRTC. It is 70 Kms from Bangalore and 10 Km from Tumakuru city. It is on the way to a place called Gulur which on Tumkur-Kunigal Road Kaidala is Half a Km from Gulur. It is a day’s trip from Bangalore Temple Timings: 8.30 AM to 12.30 PM and 6.30 PM to 8.30 PM. On Tuesdays, Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays: 10.30 AM – 2.30 PM and 5.30 PM – 8.30 PM.